Please join the WWCC on June 11 for our early summer field day. This is a public event, so please bring a friend! Lunch will be provided.
11:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Hosted by Greg Friendshuh and family
397 75th Street, Clear Lake
Please register by June 6 so we have a head count for lunch
11:30 AM – 12: 30 PM | Opening remarks, Buffet lunch
12:30 P.M. | Attendees split into four groups and proceed through four designated stations:
Stations shift at 1:00, 1:30 and 2:00.
Field day stations:
- Impact of cover crops and no-till on soil structure
- Field: Third year corn, no till planted into rye cover
- Visual: Soil pit and soil aggregation demonstration
- Presenters: Keith Zygowicz, USDA- NRCS + Pete Arcand (farmer)
- Water infiltration and cover crop comparison
- Field: No till beans planted into both rye cover and no cover. Beans planted into medium till rye cover and no cover
- Visual: Rainfall simulator and other infiltration demo
- Presenters: Jason Barrick, USDA-NRCS + Jerry Emmert and Andy Bensend (farmers)
- Manure injection logistics in a conservation farming system
- Field: First year no-till corn into terminated alfalfa with manure injected
- Visual: Recently applied manure and manure injection equipment/toolbars on display
- Presenters:Ernie Sundstrom, Sundstrom Pit Pumping LLC + Tom Zwald (farmer)
- WWCC information – membership, benefits, cost share programs and research
- In the tent where lunch was held
- WWCC: Todd Doornink, Chris van Someren + others
- UW-River Falls: Jill Coleman Wasik, Heather Sumner Davis + student researchers (well testing team)
2:30 PM | Wrap-up and Field Day concludes
Lunch and refreshments provided. This is a public event, please bring a guest!
Questions? Contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.760.0216